When deciding which college to go to for the following four years, it’s so valuable to look at the school you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting lots of schools throughout the springtime of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. Exactly What would I eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. We encourage all of our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision what your USC experience could be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until May 1, we curently have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you determine to come to USC, here is an outline for the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, in the event that you have not already. Look at the Financial Aid section of our web site for more information how to apply for financial aid.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus there is a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you are maybe not 100% sure you’re visiting USC year that is next you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to carry your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you’ll have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you can expect to also sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 business times once you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your final school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every single score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC funds for the AP that is various and exams.
If you have questions that are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help reply to your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does which means that?
For starters, we have more international students than any institution that is private the nation (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We genuinely believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a positive learning environment by permitting for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted in the classroom.
Certain courses on their own are even created around providing students with the chance to connect to students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to fulfill shmoop.pro leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a 10-day system (past locations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer living with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils aided by the chance to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the couple weeks, students will stay on-campus and investigate an issue that is international in scope. They then travel to the area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are to be had in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Most recently, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already begun to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its international presence.
As we become an increasingly globalized culture, it really is imperative that our students experience various countries, in addition to getting the possibility to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re certainly a place that is global!